Bosch Microwave Not Heating!
The Bosch microwave oven is very easy to use and clean. Furthermore, it saves you a lot of time in the kitchen since it is fast and reliable.
Despite all these, the microwave oven is also prone to faults such as the microwave oven not heating.
You first need to refer to the Bosch microwave oven user manual that came with the oven when you purchased it.
The user manual will aid you in identifying the cause of the problem and how to go about it.
You are likely to come across the following reasons in the user manual:
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Not Heating?
- The burned-out diode: The function of the diode in the oven is to transmit high voltage to the magnetron to power the magnetron enabling it to heat food. If the diode is defective, the low voltage will be transmitted to the magnetron, which is inadequate to enable it to perform its operations. In most cases, when the diode is defective. It is because it’s burnout. When the diode is burnt out, it will hinder the microwave oven from producing adequate heat needed to power the magnetron to heat the food.
- Malfunctioning door switch-The door switch prevents the oven from operating when the door is left open. Therefore, it is always recommended to ensure that the oven door is closed to allow the microwave to operate effectively.
- Make sure that the foods you are heating in the microwave are recommended to be cooked in the oven: Even though the Bosch microwave oven is a kitchen appliance, not all foods are to be cooked in the oven. Read through the Bosch user guide to ascertain the types of food you need to place in the oven to avoid unnecessary faults.
- Defective high-voltage capacitor: The high-voltage capacitor works with the diode to increase the energy output. This energy is needed to power up the magnetron to enable your oven to heat food. If the magnetron is defective, the magnetron will have insufficient power; therefore, your Bosch microwave oven won’t heat food. You will have to replace the high-voltage capacitor with a new one to enable your oven to carry on with its normal operations.
- Blown thermometer fuse cavity: The thermometer fuse cavity switches off your oven in case it overheats. When your oven overheats, it blows up the thermometer fuse cavity, affecting your microwave oven’s performance. The best option, in this case, is to replace the thermometer fuse cavity to enable your oven to work as usual.
Even if your microwave oven is in good working condition, take the user manual seriously, as it will be your go-to when your oven starts having faults.
Bosch Microwave Not Heating Food But Runs!
Sometimes as you prepare your favorite dish, you may notice that your Bosch microwave is not heating your food yet it is running.
Well, in a case like this, the following are likely to be the cause:
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Not Heating Food But Runs?
- Damaged magnetron– When the magnetron is damaged, it will not be able to produce the sufficient energy it needs to heat the food, even though it may still be running. You must restore the magnetron to enable the oven to work as usual.
- Faulty door switch– When the door switch is faulty, it hinders the oven from performing its normal operations, like heating the food. It is advisable to restore your door switch at your earliest convenience.
- Burnt diode– When the diode is burnt, it is mostly because too much energy is transmitted to the magnetron. The diode may still have the energy to run but no energy to heat food which explains why your oven may not be heating your food but still running. Consider replacing the diode as soon as possible.
It is essential to understand what your appliance needs from you so that when it starts having faults, you can solve them without much strain.
Bosch Microwave Not Working!
The Bosch microwave oven is one of the most used kitchen appliances in most households today. It makes egg-fried rice, lemon pudding, baked potatoes, etc.
Because of its heavy usage, sometimes it may malfunction, causing it not to work.
The best part is that the Bosch microwave oven has a user manual that will guide you in fixing your oven.
You are most likely to read the following causes and solutions in the Bosch microwave oven user manual:
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Oven Not Working?
- Inadequate power supply– Your Bosch microwave oven may not be getting sufficient power that it needs to power up. To solve this, carefully plug the power cord into the socket because the power cord may unhinge. You can try to plug in another appliance and compare the power supply with your oven. Furthermore, ensure there is no blackout, as this could also contribute to your oven getting an insufficient power supply.
- Defective control board– The control board in the Bosch microwave oven controls the oven when its buttons are used to set the temperature. So, when the control board is defective, the microwave oven buttons won’t work as usual. Therefore, you will have to replace it with a new one to enable your oven to resume operations. Furthermore, fixing the control board is very costly.
- Blown main fuse-The main fuse in the oven prevents the flow of excess electric current in the oven. If the current is too much, it will blow up the main fuse; hence your microwave oven will stop working. You will have to restore the main fuse as soon as possible to enable your oven to work as usual.
- Burnt magnetron-The magnetron enables your oven to heat food properly. In most cases, the magnetron is burnt because extreme energy is speculated to your oven. When the magnetron is burnt, you will have to replace it with a new one at your earliest convenience to enable your oven to operate as usual.
- Faulty door switch-Use a continuity test to check on the performance of the door switch. If your door switch is faulty, contemplate purchasing a new one since it is cheaper than having it fixed.
- It may not have slipped your mind to switch on the start button-When you press the start button, it enables you to access the oven features, giving you ample time to cook your food. However, if you forget to press the start button, you won’t get access to the oven features.
While cooking in the kitchen, try to create time to check if all the Bosch microwave oven parts are in good working condition.
Bosch Microwave Not Spinning!
The Bosch microwave spins to ensure that the food is evenly heated. So, if your oven is not spinning, that indicates there might be a problem with your oven.
The following reasons could be the cause of the problem:
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Not Spinning?
- Faulty turntable motor– The turntable motor helps rotate the food in the oven, ensuring that the food is evenly cooked. When the turntable motor is defective, it prevents it from spinning; food in the oven is undercooked. It is preferable to replace it with a new one as repairing it is very costly
- Damaged glass tray support -The role of the glass tray support in the microwave oven is to clasp and whirl food to ensure that it is cooked uniformly. If the glass tray support is damaged, the oven won’t be able to spin; hence the oven won’t cook your food uniformly.
- Stained microwave oven– Sometimes, food particle residue may clog the oven, preventing it from spinning. It is important always to clean your oven thoroughly.
- Tray coupler damage– The role of the tray coupler is to attach the motor to the turntable. Therefore, if the tray coupler is damaged, the motor won’t be able to attach to the turntable; hence the Bosch microwave oven won’t spin.
- Malfunctioning roller guide– The roller guide combines with the coupler to spin the turntable. If the roller guide malfunctions, it disrupts the microwave from spinning. Therefore, you will have to restore the roller guide with a new one. Furthermore, anytime you clean the roller guide, take your time and inspect for any cracks or damage that may cause the roller guide to malfunction to have it fixed much earlier.
If you are still having problems with your Bosch microwave oven, consider taking it to the repair shop to have it fixed by an expert.
Bosch Microwave Buttons Not Working!
The Bosch microwave has buttons that enable you to program the oven when you press them. However, sometimes the controls may not work even after pressing them more than once.
The following are some reasons why your Bosch microwave oven buttons are not working.
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Oven Not Working?
- Malfunctioning control panel– One of the most common reasons your control panel is malfunctioning is because the microwave oven buttons are not working. Replacing the control panel is the best since it is very costly to repair.
- Faulty touchpad– The touchpad is also known as the membrane switch. When you press the touchpad, it sends a signal to the control board; therefore, if the touchpad is defective, no indication is sent to the control board. Furthermore, it also affects the performance of the microwave buttons.
- Damaged main control board– The main control board transmits electric charge to the membrane switch so that when you press the buttons, they will work. So, if the main control board is damaged, the oven buttons will not work. Consider restoring the main control board with a new one in such a case.
If your Bosch microwave oven is still not working even after rectifying the above, consider calling your close neighbor to have a look at it.
Bosch Microwave Dial Not Working!
One thing about the Bosch microwave oven is that operating it without the dial working is very difficult. The microwave dial makes using the range much easier.
So, if you suspect that the Bosch microwave dial is not working, attempt to do the following:
What To Do When Bosch Microwave Dial Not Working?
- Ensure that the main control board is in perfect condition– When the main control board is defective, it prevents the dial from working; hence you won’t be able to use your microwave oven as usual. If you find out that the main control board is defective, you need to restore it to use your oven easily.
- Check if the membrane switch is in perfect condition– Sometimes, the Bosch microwave dial may not be working because the touchpad is faulty, causing the microwave dial not to work. You will therefore have to change the touchpad with a much better one.
- Inspect if the control panel is functioning as usual– Carefully inspect the performance of the control panel. If you notice any faults on the control panel, consider restoring it with a new one since it is very expensive to repair.
Do regular maintenance to your oven to notice any faults much earlier and do good service.
Bosch Microwave Display Not Working!
The microwave display’s purpose is to let you know the time your food has left to cover for it to finish cooking. So, if the show is not working, you will not know when your food has left to cook.
The following are some of the reasons why your Bosch microwave display may not be working:
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Display Not Working?
- Insufficient power supply-Your Bosch microwave oven may not be getting sufficient power causing the display not to work. Carefully plug in the power cord in the socket because sometimes it unhinges. In addition, consider plugging another device into the socket and compare the power supply with your oven.
- Damaged switch-Sometimes the problem may not be insufficient power supply but the main switch. When the switch is damaged, it hinders adequate power supply from being transmitted to your oven. Use a multimeter test to check if the switch is in good working condition.
- Blown temperature– When the Bosch microwave oven overheats, it can blow up the temperature. When the temperature is blown, it affects the performance of the oven’s display. Always allow your oven to cool down after using it to prevent it from overheating.
- Defective control board– Usually, when the control board is defective, it is most likely to be a case with misplaced lines. Identifying the misplaced lines sometimes is not very easy. Therefore, consider having it fixed by a Bosch microwave oven expert.
You can also consider making a Bosch microwave customer service call if you are still struggling to repair your Bosch microwave oven.
Bosch Microwave Not Turning On!
It is frustrating when you are in the mood to cook your favorite dish, and your Bosch microwave refuses to turn on.
In such a scenario, do not rush; be eager to replace your oven because it is still under warranty. Instead, take your time and identify the causes of the problem and how to solve it so that when it occurs shortly, you will know how to go about it.
To quickly identify the cause of the problem, consider reading through the Bosch microwave oven user guide.
You are most probably going to read the following in the user guide:
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Oven Not Turning On?
- Malfunctioning door switch– Usually, when you leave the door switch open, it hinders the microwave oven from turning on. Experts suggest that the oven should be used when to door is closed.
- Blown fuse– The fuse protects the Bosch microwave oven from overheating. When too much electric current is transmitted to the oven, the fuse may blow; hence the Bosch microwave oven won’t turn on. Therefore, you will have to replace the fuse to enable the oven to operate as usual.
- You may not have pressed the start button– The start button enables you to access oven programs. In addition, the microwave oven is also not designed in a way that it can turn itself on. You will have to press the start button yon enable the oven to turn on.
- Inadequate power supply to the microwave– If your oven is not getting sufficient power supply, it will not be able to turn on. Therefore, take your time as you connect your oven to the socket to ensure it is well plugged in.
- Consider rebooting your oven– Sometimes, even after pressing the start button, you will get zero results; you can try to reboot your oven instead. Rebooting helps to keep your oven running steadily and efficiently.
The Bosch microwave user guide saves you a lot of time and energy you would have spent taking the oven to the repair shop.
Bosch Microwave Light Not Working!
When the microwave light is on, you are either cooking food or opening the oven door.
So, if the light is not on when you are doing the above activities, that indicates there might be a problem.
When the Bosch microwave light is not working, the following are likely to be the reasons why:
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Light Not Working?
- Burned light bulb– Most of the time, when the microwave light is not working, it is because the light bulb might be burned out. If the light bulb is burned, you must replace it with a brand-new one.
- Defective main control board: You first need to look at the light bulbs, wiring, and sockets to see if they are in good working condition. Then use a multimeter to check if the control board is sending the correct voltage to the light bulb socket. If the control board is not transmitting, it is defective, and you kneed to replace it as soon as possible.
- Damaged light socket-To check if the socket is in good working condition, use a multimeter test or test for continuity. If the light socket does not show continuity, it is probably damaged, and you will have to restore the light socket.
If you still need to solve the Bosch microwave oven problem, consider calling a professional to check it out.
Bosch Microwave Turntable Not Turning!
The microwave turntable rotates your food while in the oven, allowing it to cook uniformly. So, if the turntable is not working, your food will most likely be uncooked.
The following are likely to be the cause of your Bosch microwave turntable not working:
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Turntable Not Turning?
- Broken glass tray support– To check if the glass tray support is in good working condition. Gently remove the drive motor and check if the glass tray support is operating as usual. If the glass tray support is damaged, replace it as soon as possible since it hinders the turntable from turning.
- Damaged roller guide– The roller guide works hand in hand with the coupler to rotate the turntable. If the roller guide is damaged, the turntable won’t be able to spin. Therefore, you will have to restore it.
- Food residue– Sometimes food residue may get clog the turntable interfering with the spinning of the turntable. Always take your time to clean your oven thoroughly.
- The tray coupler may be malfunctioning– To inspect if the tray coupler is operating, you must first remove the tray and the roller guide from the oven. If the tray coupler is m, malfunctioning the best thing you need to do is to purchase a new one.
- Defective turntable motor– Usually, when the turntable is not working, the turntable motor is likely defective. Use a multimeter to check on the performance of the turntable motor. If the turntable motor is defective, consider replacing the motor.
If you still have problems with your Bosch microwave oven, consider purchasing a new one for better performance.
Bosch Microwave Plate Not Turning!
The microwave plate provides the surface area on which the food is placed while in the oven enabling the food to be evenly heated.
Therefore, when the plate is not turning, your food will probably be raw.
Try to do the following if your Bosch microwave plate is not turning:
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Plate Not Turning?
- Replace the motor– The oven’s motor enables the microwave plate to turn. However, sometimes it may be defective, affecting the microwave plate’s overall performance. Therefore, you will have to replace it.
- Scrupulously clean your oven-Regularly leave your oven sparkling clean to prevent the accumulation of food residue beneath the motor. The food residue obstructs the motor from operating as usual hence the plate won’t be able to turn.
- Inspect if the glass tray support is in perfect condition– Smoothly remove the drive motor to have a glimpse at the glass tray support. If you notice any slight damage on it, you need to replace it to enhance the performance of your microwave plate.
- Scrutinize if the roller guide is working smoothly– It is vital to check if the roller guide is working as usual because if it’s damaged, you must restore it since it hinders the microwave plate from turning.
- Check the performance of the tray coupler– If you suspect it is not performing as usual, you need to restore it since it prevents the microwave plate from turning.
When your food is not evenly cooked, there is a high chance that bacteria may still be present, which in turn may cause food poisoning.
Bosch Microwave Timer Not Working!
The microwave timer helps you know when your food has left to finish cooking giving you ample time while cooking.
However, at times you may notice that the microwave timer needs to be fixed, making it very difficult to know the time left for your food to complete cooking.
The following are some of the causes why your Bosch microwave oven timer is not working and their possible solutions.
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Timer Not Working?
- Defective control board– Most of the time, when the Bosch microwave timer is not working, it is mainly because the control board is defective. Therefore, replacing it enables the microwave timer to work efficiently.
- The terminal block might be damaged– If it is damaged, it usually obstructs the microwave timer from working. Consider restoring the terminal list for better results.
- Faulty oven timer– Use a multimeter to test if the oven timer is in good working condition. If you figure out it is faulty, you will have to change it to a much better one.
- Insufficient power supply: Before using your oven, it is essential to ensure that the stove has an adequate power supply. When the power supply is insufficient, it also prevents the microwave timer from working. Always ensure that the oven is getting a sufficient power supply.
The microwave timer sets the exact time your food will take to cook, ensuring the food is evenly cooked.
Bosch Microwave Not Showing Time!
The oven time plays a major role in the functioning of the microwave oven, so any time you realize that your Bosch microwave is not showing time, contemplate doing the following:
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Not Showing Time?
- Check the oven timer– Check if it is in perfect condition because sometimes it may be faulty, causing the microwave not to display time.
- Ensure that your oven is getting adequate power supply– Adequate power supply is vital for your appliance to power up. In addition, an inadequate power supply prevents the microwave timer from displaying.
- Inspect if the terminal block is in perfect condition– To check. You need first to detach the power from the oven. Then check if the terminal is in good working condition. If you suspect any damage on the terminal block, consider restoring it at your earliest convenience.
- Check if the main control board is in good working condition– Occasionally, when the Bosch microwave timer is not working, it is because the main control board is defective. So, if you realize the control board is defective, consider replacing it, as it is very costly to repair.
Always try to solve the oven’s faults on your own instead of taking it to an expert so that when the same problem reoccurs, you will be able to know how to tackle it.
Bosch Microwave Not Closing!
Experts recommend that the microwave door be closed while using it because it emits high heat waves which it used to cook food.
However, sometimes you may notice that the microwave door is still open. If your Bosch microwave is not closing, this only means one thing: your Bosch microwave oven won’t start.
In a case like this, it is essential to identify the problem’s cause instead of being in a rush to purchase a new appliance.
Consider reading through the Bosch microwave oven user manual once more to know what may have slipped your eyes when you first read it.
In the user manual, you are most likely to read the following:
Why Is Your Bosch Microwave Not Closing?
- Defective door latch assembly– The door latch assembly ensures that the oven door is closed. So, if the door latch assembly is defective, it prevents the microwave oven door from closing. Therefore, you will have to restore it.
- Broken torsion springs– Torsion springs keep the oven door closed and prevent it from opening too quickly. If the torsion spring is broken, it prevents your oven door from closing correctly. The best thing to do in such a case is to replace the fractured torsion springs.
- Food residue may obstruct the microwave oven door– When you don’t clean your oven regularly, food residue may clog the oven door; hence your microwave won’t close. Always ensure that you thoroughly clean your oven to avoid unnecessary faults.
The user manual is easy to read and comprehend, saving you a lot of time. Furthermore, it also informs you about the Bosch microwave parts you may need to replace when it starts having faults, besides giving you information on ways to solve the problems your appliance may face.
Like any other electronic appliance, the Bosch microwave oven is also prone to faults, which is why the Bosch manufacturers thought it would be wise to have a user manual accompany the stove.
The user manual has various steps on how to solve multiple problems. Therefore, always keep the user guide in a safe place where you can easily access it. Furthermore, it is also easy to use and understand hence consuming less of your time.
Hi! I’m Manzur Hossain. I’m a modern electric kitchen appliance expert. Professionally, I’m a kitchen appliance researcher, reviewer, and repairer.
I want to make people’s lives in the kitchen easier, and that is why I have established appliancefact.com.