Probably you are an Oster blender user and facing some problems while using your favorite blender. If so, this article is for you. Here we have given some of Oster blender’s common problems solutions so that you can fix your Oster blender at home.
Table of Contents
Oster Blender Not Working!
There are many reasons why your Oster blender needs to be fixed. The following are some of the reasons:
Why Is your Oster Blender Not Working & What To Do?
- Insufficient power supply: Insufficient power supply hinders your appliance from getting the adequate energy it needs to operate. Before using your blender, carefully plug in your appliance to the socket to ensure no disruption in the power flow to your blender.
- Blown main fuse: The fuse protects your blender from overheating. Sometimes the electrical current can be too much, which may cause the fuse to blow up. You, therefore, must restore the thermal fuse in no time to be able to use the blender as usual.
- Jammed blades: Always ensure you properly clean your blender because there might be some food residue that may clog the blades, causing them not to rotate; hence your blender won’t be able to work as usual.
- Burned motor: When the motor is burned, it hinders your blender from rotating the blades; hence it won’t be able to operate as usual. Therefore, you must replace the motor with a new one.
- The start button is not switched on: The start button enables you to access the blender’s features. However, this is not possible if it’s off. Any time your blender is not working, check if you have pressed the button. If not, switch it on.
- Faulty power cord: The power cord channels power from the socket to the blender. However, this is impossible if the power cord is faulty; hence you must replace it quickly. Furthermore, check if the power cord is well plugged into the socket because sometimes it unhinges, disrupting the usual flow of electric current.
If your blender cannot operate, as usual, you can call your nearby friend to look at it on your behalf.
Oster Blender Not Turning On!
Even though the Oster blender is one of the most owned kitchen appliances today, it is annoying sometimes. It’s frustrating when your blender refuses to turn on when you want to quickly prepare a smoothie for your breakfast because you are running late for work.
When your blender refuses to turn on, take your time to read through the Oster blender user manual that came along with the blender when you purchased it.
The following are some of the causes and reasons featured in the Oster blender user manual:
Why Is Your Oster Blender Not Turning On & What To Do?
- Inadequate power supply: When the power supply is inadequate, your appliance will not get enough power; it needs to power up, which hinders it from turning on. Always ensure that your appliance is getting enough power before using it.
- Faulty socket: The socket is the primary power source. Therefore, if it’s faulty, it does not give your blender enough power, preventing it from turning on. If this is the case, try using another socket.
- Damaged power cord: The power cord is responsible for transmitting an electric current from the socket to the blender. When the power cord is exposed to too much heat, it damages it. Therefore, it won’t be able to function as usual. Hence your blender won’t turn on. Consequently, you will have to purchase a new power cord.
- The blender lid is not tightly closed: After placing your food ingredients in the blender, ensure you properly close the lid because if it’s not correctly closed, it hinders your blender from turning on.
- Damaged blender base: The blender is responsible for activating a magnetic switch, which is impossible if damaged. In addition, your blender won’t be able to turn on if its base is damaged. Therefore, you need to replace it at soon as possible.
One thing about the user manual is that it highlights only the essential parts, which may sometimes not be helpful when your blender needs to turn on. Therefore, attempt to seek professional assistance.
Oster Blender Not Spinning!
When the Oster blender spins, it ensures your food evenly mixes as it blends. However, sometimes your Oster blender may suddenly stop spinning due to the following reasons:
Why Is Your Oster Blender Not Spinning & What To Do?
- The blender is overfilled: In the Oster blender user manual, there is a recommended maximum capacity of food you need to place in the blender’s container because when you use too much food, the blender won’t be able to spin.
- The blender blades are jammed: Usually, when the blender blades are jammed, it might be because there might be some deposits of food debris underneath the blades obstructing it from spinning. Always ensure you leave your blender spotless anytime you clean it.
- Improper blade coupling: You may have decided to remove the blender parts to clean them thoroughly; you may have forgotten to put them back correctly. Which in turn hinders the blender from rotating. Anytime you disassemble your blender, be keen as you put the blender parts back to avoid putting them improperly.
- You are not using sufficient water: Sufficient water makes it very easy to blend your food as compared to when it’s insufficient. In addition, if the water is insufficient, it hinders your blender from spinning as usual. Always use enough water to blend your food to avoid unnecessary stress.
In case your blender is still under warranty, you can make an Oster blender customer service call the manufacturers to replace your blender if it’s still not operating as usual.
Oster Blender Motor Not Working!
When the motor of your Oster blender malfunctions, it can be problematic. In this kind of situation, take the following measures:
Why Is Your Oster Blender Motor Not Working & What To Do?
- Ensure the motor is in good working condition: Sometimes, the motor may not be working because it is faulty. Take your time and check if the motor is operating; if not, replace it as soon as possible.
- Use enough water in the blender: The motor rotates the blades responsible for slicing food constituents into tiny particles. If the water is inadequate, the food constituents will solidify, damaging the motor; hence it won’t be able to operate as usual.
- Allow the blender to rest after continuously using it for a while: When you continuously use your blender nonstop, it may overheat, causing the motor to blow up. Hence the motor won’t be able to work.
- Make sure that you only place soft foods in the blender container: When you place hard foods in the blender, it will need a high motor speed which may cause the motor to be defective, which is why soft foods are the most preferred.
If your blender is still undergoing problems even after trying to fix it, contemplate taking it to the repair shop to have it fixed by an expert.
Oster Blender Buttons Not Working!
The blender has a variety of buttons for different purposes. Sometimes these buttons malfunction making it impossible for you to use the blender.
The following are some of the causes and solutions why your Oster blender buttons are not working:
Why Is Your Oster Blender Buttons Not Working & What To Do?
- Damaged base: If the blender base is damaged, it won’t be able to turn on the switch, causing the blender buttons not to work. Therefore, you must replace the base to enable the buttons to operate efficiently.
- Defective blender switch: The blender switch is also known as the command board. When it’s defective, it hinders the blender buttons from working unless you restore it.
- Blown motor: When the motor in the blender is blown, it causes an interruption in the regular performance of the buttons. Therefore, you need to fix the motor as soon as possible.
- Insufficient power supply: The buttons won’t work if the power supply is inadequate. Carefully plug your blender into the wall socket to enable adequate electrical current flow.
The blender buttons make it very easy to use. Therefore, it can be stressful when they are not working, so you need to have them repaired quickly.
Oster Blender Suddenly Stopped Working!
Due to the heavy usage of the blender, it may malfunction at times, suddenly stopping working. There are so many reasons why your blender may suddenly stop working.
If your Oster blender suddenly stops working, you can fix it by doing the following:
Why Is Your Oster Blender Suddenly Stopped Working & What To Do?
- Ensure your blender is getting sufficient power supply: When it is insufficient, it won’t be able to generate the heat to blend your food. Therefore, before using your blender, ensure the power supply is sufficient.
- Clean the terminals: The blender terminals may have some deposits of food residue underneath it, which may alter the usual operations of the blender. Therefore, it is vital to leave them spotless all the time.
- Check the fuse: The blender’s fuse prevents too much electric current from being transmitted to your blender. Sometimes, when the electric current is too much, it may blow up the fuse, suddenly causing the blender to stop working. Therefore, you must replace the fuse for much better performance.
- Check the socket: Your blender may suddenly stop working due to a faulty switch. When the switch is faulty, it interrupts the normal flow of electric current. As a result, your appliance may not get the sufficient power it needs to keep it running. If the socket is faulty, you can opt to use another one.
- Take a look at the power cord: You may have checked the wall socket and realized that it’s in good working, yet your blender is still not working. The power cord is the next thing you must consider in this situation. The power cord is the succeeding loop in the transmission of energy. When the power cord is faulty, it disrupts the usual flow of energy. Therefore, you must replace it for effective performance.
Consider calling a professional to check your blender if it’s still not operating even after trying to fix it.
Oster Blender Timer Not Working!
The Oster blender timer lets you know the exact amount of time your blender will take to complete blending your food. However, this is impossible when the blender timer is not working.
The following are some of the causes as to why your Oster blender timer is not working and how to fix it:
Why Is Your Oster Blender Timer Not Working & What To Do?
- Faulty timer: Sometimes, the blender timer may not be working because it is faulty. Therefore, always check the timer to ensure it is in perfect condition if it’s not working as usual.
- Defective motor: The motor plays a significant role in the healthy functioning of the blender. If the motor is defective, the blender timer can’t operate as usual unless you replace the motor.
- Damaged switch: When the switch, which is the power source, is damaged, it hinders your appliance from receiving the adequate power it needs, causing the timer not to work. Try using another socket for efficient results.
- Inadequate power supply: Adequate power supply is necessary to enable your blender to operate efficiently. Therefore, if the power supply is insufficient, it hinders the blender timer from operating.
Knowing how long your food will take to prepare gives you ample time to organize yourself while in the kitchen, which is why the blender timer needs to work.
Oster Blender Timer Blinking!
Sometimes you may notice the blender timer blinking, which is very unusual. The following are some of the things you can attempt when your Oster blender timer is blinking:
Why Is Your Oster Blender Timer Blinking & What To Do?
- Ensure the blender is properly fixed in the base: When the blender container is not properly fixed in the base, it causes the blender timer to blink. Before using your blender, ensure it is properly placed in the base.
- Check if the lid is properly tightened: The blender timer blinks when then the blender lid is loose. Always ensure you tightly close the lid for effective performance.
- Be keen as you plug your blender into the socket: Sometimes, the power cord may detach from the wall socket, disrupting the normal flow of energy and causing the timer to blink, which is why you need to be alert as you plug in your blender into the socket.
- Make certain that the power cord is in perfect condition: Sometimes, your blender may be well connected to the socket, yet it is still not getting sufficient power. In this case, check the power cord since it may be faulty. If the power cord is faulty, you must replace it with a new one.
If the timer is still blinking, even after non-stop times of trying to fix it, consider seeking professional help.
Oster Blender Blade Not Spinning!
The blender blades are responsible for rotating your food in the blender to allow the food to mix while blending evenly. However, this is not possible when the blender blades are not spinning.
If your Oster blender blade is not spinning, the following are the most likely reasons why:
Why Is Your Oster Blender Blade Not Spinning & What To Do?
- Faulty motor: The motor is responsible for rotating the blades. However, this is impossible if it’s faulty. Therefore, you must replace the motor to enable the blades to operate as usual.
- Jammed Blades: Usually, when the blades are jammed, it’s mainly because of food debris beneath the blades, which hinders the blades from spinning as usual. Always take your time to thoroughly clean your blender to enable your blender to operate efficiently.
- The blender is overfilled: When you overfill the blender container with too many food components, it causes the motor to degenerate quickly; hence the blades won’t be able to spin. Furthermore, too much pressure will be applied to the blender causing it to malfunction. Experts recommend a certain capacity of food to be placed in your blender, depending on its size. Ensure you review the Oster blender instructions manual to know the capacity of food to place in your blender.
- You are not using enough water in the blender: When you use insufficient water in the blend, it will force the blade to apply too much effort while rotating the food, which may cause the blades to deteriorate very fast. Always ensure you use sufficient to enable the blades to spin your food with a lot of ease.
- Improper blade coupling: You may have disassembled the blender parts to clean your blender thoroughly, and it may have slipped your mind to return them in their correct order properly. When this happens, it disrupts the blades from operating as usual. Always be attentive when you return the Oster blender parts.
If you still need help fixing your Oster blender, try resetting it. Resetting the blender removes the minor errors disrupting the regular performance of the blender.
Oster Blender Not Staying On!
The Oster blender is just like any other electrical appliance; hence, it is impossible to use it when it’s not on.
The following are some of the causes why your Oster blender keeps turning off:
Why Is Your Oster Blender Not Staying On & What To Do?
- Your blender could be crashing: Some of the reasons that can cause your blender to crash are low memory, bugs in the blender, an issue with the graphic drivers, etc. When your blender crashes, it hinders it from staying on as usual. To solve this, ensure the graphic drivers are current and free up some memory to enable the blender to operate effectively.
- Your blender might be too congested: When your blender is congested with too many food constituents, the blender will automatically turn off to avoid blowing up the motor. The amount of food you need to place in your blender depends on its size since the Oster blender is available in various sizes. Knowing the dimensions of your blender to know the maximum capacity of food to place in the blender is vital.
- Your blender needs to be better connected to the power source: The power supply is vital for your oven to stay on when using it. Stay alert as you plug in your appliance to the socket since it may disconnect from the wall socket, causing an interruption in the usual flow of electric energy.
It is impossible to use the blender when it keeps turning off, which is why it needs to be on while operating.
Oster Blender Lid Stick!
When one part of the blender faults, i.e., the blender lid does not open, the blender can’t operate as usual.
The following are the most likely causes when the Oster blender lid does not open:
Why Is Your Oster Blender Lid Stick & What To Do?
- Overloading: When you put too many food components in the blender container, it can cause the blender lid to stick. Some food particles may cling to the screw lines making it hard to remove the blender lid. Therefore, just place the recommended maximum capacity of food that needs to be placed in the blender.
- Damaged gasket: When the gasket is damaged, it hinders the blender lid from opening. Therefore, you must replace it as soon as possible.
- User error: You may need to correctly place the lid to enable it to open with ease. Always be keen as you set up the blender parts.
- You may be placing hard foods in the blender container: When you put hard foods, i.e., frozen fruits, it will create a lot of pressure on the blender lid since there will be an increase in the adhesion force, causing the blender lid to stick. Always ensure you only place soft foods in the blender to avoid such an incident.
- You may not have cleaned the lid after washing it: After cleaning the Oster blender lid, it is vital to let it dry to get rid of the water droplets on the cover which remain after washing because it will intensely increase its absorption power, making it very impossible to open the lid.
- Food residue: Always ensure you leave your blender spotless every time you clean it because there may be some deposits of food residue on the lid, which may clog it, making it very difficult to open.
As an amateur, it is not preferable to fix your blender alone. Instead, have it fixed by a professional to prevent further damage to your appliance.
Oster Blender Leaking From Bottom!
Most of the time during thanksgiving, we prefer preparing pie for breakfast. We usually prefer sweet potato pie because it is sweet, just as the name suggests.
The first step when making a sweet potato pie is to blend the sweet potato to make it soft before placing it in the oven.
As you blend the sweet potato, you may notice that your blender may leak from the bottom, which is very unusual.
So, what causes your Oster blender to leak from the bottom?
The following are some of the reasons:
Why Is Your Oster Blender Leaking From Bottom & What To Do?
- Overfilling: You may have placed too much sweet potato in the blender container, which may cause it to leak. In the Oster blender instructions manual, the proposed maximum capacity of food you need to place in the blender is endorsed. Always take your time to review the instructions manual after purchasing your blender to avoid missing the important information you may need.
- Glass crack: The blender container may have slipped out of your hands and fallen. It may have a small crack as a result which you may have missed. The crack on the blender, however small it is, can cause leakage to your blender. Therefore, you must purchase a new blender container to enable the blender to resume operations. Furthermore, always be careful as you handle the very delicate blender parts.
- Input error: You may not have tightly closed the lid, causing the blender to leak. Always ensure the lid is properly closed before you use your blender. In addition, you may not have properly placed the blender making it unable to fit in the base. Always ensure the blender container has fitted well in the base before you start using your blender.
- Broken lid: When the blender lid is broken, the food constituents in the blender jar will splash out while blending, causing leakage to your blender. Consider purchasing a new lid if this is the issue.
- Broken gasket: The purpose of the gasket is to prevent your blender from leaking. It forms a tight seal between the blender container and the blade assembly. If the gasket is broken, the tight seal is damaged, which in turn causes your blender to leak at the bottom. If your Oster gasket is broken, you need to restore it.
Knowing the size and dimensions of your blender is vital to know the maximum capacity of food you need to place in it.
Since the Oster blender is very popular nowadays, it is easy to look for a professional to fix it if it malfunctions. If you need to learn about the repair shop’s location, you can search for them online.
Furthermore, you will also be able to find some of the expert’s contact numbers online and instead opt to call them and explain your issue instead of visiting the repair shop, saving you time and energy.
Hi! I’m Manzur Hossain. I’m a modern electric kitchen appliance expert. Professionally, I’m a kitchen appliance researcher, reviewer, and repairer.
I want to make people’s lives in the kitchen easier, and that is why I have established appliancefact.com.