Table of Contents
Instant Vortex Air Fryer Troubleshooting!
You are probably an Instant Vortex air fryer user and facing some technical problems while using your air fryer. If so this article (Instant vortex air fryer troubleshooting) is for you.
Here we have discussed 9 Instant Vortex air fryer problems and give their solutions. So, read the article until the end to solve your Instant vortex air fryer problems.
Instant Vortex Air Fryer Touch Screen Not Working!
Air fryers are now the go-to kitchen appliance for any home cook. Some brands like Instant Vortex have the best quality fryers that you can find in the market. These appliances are durable and last a long time. However, due to technical issues, some problems may arise for some unfortunate users, such as their Instant vortex air fryer touch screen not working.
Here is a complete article on how you can resolve such issues, along with a step-by-step guideline for each issue that might occur. Here is why and how your Instant Pot Vortex air fryer touch screen is not working –
- Memory corruption.
- The screen is dirty.
- Low voltage.
- Faulty membrane switch.
- After usage, when you forget to press the start button, the memory of the air fryer can be corrupted. To bypass that, press the start button until the screen shows all the correct data, like date, temp, etc.
- Over time the touch screen gets dirty and prevents connection when you press it. Take a damp cloth, wipe it, and then wipe it with a dry cloth or paper towel.
- If there is not a consistent stream of voltage, the touch screen of your air fryer becomes laggy or unresponsive. In that case, not using the device for a while is the best option, and consult an electrician to check the power unit of your house.
- The membrane switch is very important, and it is in almost every air fryer with a touch screen. It establishes communication between the command and the operation with the help of mylar plastic and tiny wires.
If those wires become faulty, the issue happens, and the only option is to check the cables and connectors for loose or damaged areas. Instant vortex air fryer parts and you will need to repair or replace the part to get the appliance to perform at full speed.
Instant Vortex Air Fryer Not Working!
An Instant Pot vortex air fryer is built to last a long time and does not suddenly stop working. Several reasons can be behind your Philips air fryer not working. Here are the reasons why it stopped working and how to solve it in no time –
- Out of place drawer.
- Unset timer
- Power socket issues.
- Faulty internal connections
Here is to resolve these problems –
- If the drawer or the basket does not click, the machine will detect that the work is done and will not start. The easiest way is to take the drawer out and push it back; moreover, if the clip is bent, a knife turns it back in its original place.
- You will have to set the timer for the appliance to start cooking. Make sure you did that before pressing the START button.
- Check the power socket of your house to see if it is delivering the correct amount of voltage your Instant vortex air fryer needs. Most of the time, the cable is not in place or loose from the socket, or even the power outlet delivers low voltage.
- If none is the issue, open up the appliance and check for any burnt-out or loose connection. For loose connection, push it tightly in place, and for a burnt-out signal, you will have to soldier another thin copper layer on top of that area.
Instant Vortex Air Fryer Timer Not Working!
Another problem consumers might face with an Instant Vortex air fryer is that the timer may sometimes not work. Several reasons can cause the timer not to work; for example, too much heat can lead the timer to malfunction.
However, a button problem or error in the sensor can also cause the timer not to work, but the most common problem occurs when there is a problem in the electricity supply. Sometimes, there may be a voltage up-down, and sometimes, there may be a problem within the wire or plug.
If you face such problems, you should wait for a little until the voltage gets normal and check if the timer works after that or not. If the timer works and the countdown begins, your Instant Vortex air fryer has no problem. On the contrary, you can unplug the air fryer for at least 3 minutes and plug it in again.
But if there is no count down, you have to inform customer care and get professional help from the nearest corner around you. You can even replace the whole air fryer with a new one if the problem is during the warranty period.
Here are the reason and the solution behind the issue –
- Corrupted memory
- When the appliance overheats, the control panel might stop responding. In that case, you will need to switch off the device and let it cool off for at least 5 minutes.
- If there is a corrupted memory, resetting the appliance is the only option. Find the Instant vortex air fryer reset button on the side and press and hold it for at least a few seconds. Then it will reset your appliance to its default settings.
Instant Vortex Air Fryer Light Not Working!
Instant vortex air fryer problems are not that common as the appliance is durable and lasts a long time in your kitchen. However, issues such as the light not working can occur for several reasons, and the main reason is the device is not turning on, which is why it is not showing the light.
- Damaged power cable
- Internal issue
- Low voltage
- Check if the power cable is ok or not, as a damaged cable will not allow power to travel to the device; thus, not allowed to turn on or show the light. Change or repair the power cord if necessary.
- A damaged or burnt-out copper layer on the circuit board will prevent the device from showing the light, which indicates that it is working. In that case, you can put another copper layer on top of the burnt layer to solve the problem.
- Your power socket voltage also matters as an air fryer requires a certain amount of power. If there is low voltage, the appliance’s safety will prevent it from turning on and showing the light.
Instant Vortex Air Fryer Fan Not Working!
The instant Vortex air fryer is a popular brand among many home cooks with its stylish look and kind operating system. However, any problem regarding the mechanical and electrical parts can occur at any time; and there are those at a glance with a brief detail on how to resolve those –
- Not plugged in or socket malfunctioning air fryer comes with top-quality parts and is highly unlikely to have problems with those parts. Most of the time, the issue lies with the power socket. Either the cable is not properly in the socket, or the socket itself is faulty.
In that case, checking for a loose connection with the socket is the option, as also check the socket itself. Call your electrician and change the power outlet if the problem is with the socket.
2. Damaged cable
The cable helps the power travel from the power outlet to the appliance allowing it to start, perform and cook your favorite food. However, it is also one of the areas that we rarely check for damage or broken connections. Check the cable for damaged or broken areas if your air fryer stops working. If so, call their support to change the device or take it for repairs.
3. Blown fuse
If the cable and outlet are fine, it is probably the fuse. In that case, the only option is to replace the fuse.
4. Out of place basket or overflown basket
The air fryer will not start or stop working if the basket is not in place. It can happen due to two reasons. One, the clip is bent and not locked to the basket. Take a screwdriver, bend the pin back, and check if it clicks when you put it in the basket.
Two, the basket has too much food. The only option, in that case, is to take some out and put it inside the appliance.
Instant Vortex Air Fryer Display Not Working!
The Instant Vortex air fryer has an LED screen allowing you to operate the appliance, including all its settings and functions. Its display lets you touch and choose your preferred food item’s desired function.
However, what if the display is not working? Then what can we do? We recommend first going through the Instant vortex air fryer instructions as it will provide what to do when the display malfunctions. Moreover, here is a list of all the possible reasons why it happens and how to resolve it –
- Dirty screen
Clean your air fryer’s display as much as you can. As the display is a touch screen that allows you to use all the functions, you should keep it as clean as possible. The dirt, debris, and sweat can disrupt the touch function and prevent it; use a damp cloth to clean the display and then wipe it with a dry towel.
2. Internal issue
The display is connected with wires inside the device. Open up the appliance and check the connection leading to the display. Unplug clean, plug it back in, and check if the display is working. If that does not work, you probably need to replace the part.
Instant Vortex Air Fryer Keeps Shutting Off!
If your Instant Vortex air fryer keeps turning off, you are in the right place to know the reason causing the issue and how to resolve it in seconds. Air fryers such as the Instant Vortex are not common to shut off while cooking. However, here are the reasons why it is happening and how you can solve it –
- Faulty electrical system.
- The power cable is damaged or not properly plugged into the power outlet.
- The drawer or lid is not in place.
- The air fryer is fully electrical, and anytime it can show issues. So, check all the electrical systems in and out of the machine. If the problem is internal, replace the part; if it is external, such as a faulty cable, then change the wires.
- A damaged cable will not allow the appliance to start; if so, replacing it is the only option.
- The drawer or lid must be properly placed for the device to start working. Check it, and if it is sticking out, then take it out and put it back in place till you hear a click sound. Moreover, you can take some food out of the basket. Check out the Instant vortex air fryer user manual to know how much food you should put in the basket.
Instant Vortex Air Fryer Buttons Are Not Working!
Almost all air fryers nowadays come with a digital touchpad that allows you to operate the appliance efficiently. However, the buttons on it can malfunction due to –
- Corrupted memory.
- Dirty screen.
- Unplug it for at least 3 to 5 minutes and plug it back in. Then the screen buttons should start working. If the memory is corrupted, you will need to reset the device.
- Due to sweat or other reasons, the screen gets dirty and prevents the touch from working. Take a damp and wipe the area with it; you should also use a brush to clean spots you cannot reach by hand.
How To Reset Instant Vortex Air Fryer?
Resetting your Instant Vortex air fryer is very simple, and here is a step-by-step guide on how you can do it at home with the help of a professional. However, we recommend going through the Instant vortex air fryer instructions to know anything else, as newer models might have additional buttons.
However, we are providing the step-by-step guide per the Instant vortex air fryer user guide.
Firstly, turn off the device to put it in standby mode.
Now press and hold the smart program control for at least 5 seconds or use the reset button. You will also have to hold it for at least 5 seconds till you see something appear on the screen.
Now turn on the appliance and check if the temp and cooking presets are defaulted.
Hope you have found this article (Instant Vortex air fryer troubleshooting) helpful for you. If you still face any problems while using your Instant Pot vortex air fryer, then contact the Instant Pot vortex Plus air fryer customer service team.
Hi! I’m Manzur Hossain. I’m a modern electric kitchen appliance expert. Professionally, I’m a kitchen appliance researcher, reviewer, and repairer.
I want to make people’s lives in the kitchen easier, and that is why I have established appliancefact.com.