Oster Air Fryer Not Working!
Electric air fryers are one of the most convenient kitchen appliances you can get for your favorite kitchen, which is a much healthier option for any home cook. Oster air fryers are one of these appliances we recommend due to their stability and performance.
If your Oster air fryer is not working, you are in the right place. However, being an electrical device, anything can happen.
The article will provide a depth overview of the possible reasons why your Oster air fryer is not working as it should and how you can resolve those issues.
Check The Latest Price On Amazon
- Faulty socket
Sometimes the power socket is the reason your Oster air fryer not working. Moreover, due to voltage, the air fryer will not start. That is why ensure the power socket voltage matches what your Oster air fryers require to run.
2. Damaged or broken cable
The power cable of an appliance allows the machine to get energy from the outlet of your house so that it can operate properly. However, it is also part of the device, which we often neglect.
A damaged cable will not allow the voltage to flow and reach the air fryer causing it not to run. In that case, changing the line is the only option to reuse the appliance at its full potential.
3. The fryer is not plugged in.
Check if the air fryer is properly in contact with the power socket, as a loose cable will prevent the device from turning on. It is a pervasive issue as most of the air fryer is not plugged into the socket or is hanging out.
4. Out-of-place basket and unset timer
If the basket we put food into to cook is not in place or locks appropriately, the appliance safety feature will prevent it from starting. So, make sure the basket clicks into place while putting it in the air fryer.
Another reason is the timer. If you do not correctly set the timer, your Oster air fryer will not work. Make sure to select the timer before pressing the START button.
Oster Air Fryer Not Heating!
One of the most essential Oster air fryer parts is the heating element and the thermocouple. These two parts are responsible for heating the device to cook the food and monitoring the temperature, so it does not overheat.
However, your Oster air fryer might stop heating up due to issues in these parts. In that case, you can follow the below suggestions to resolve it –
Check The Latest Price On Amazon
- Heating element
If the heating element is not working, indicated by the machine not heating up, you will need to access the PCB. Then check for any broken or burnt copper layer on the board. If any layer is burnt or damaged, put another copper layer on it, which should solve the issue.
2. The thermocouple
There is no option but to replace the part if there are any issues with the thermocouple.
How To Preheat Oster Air Fryer?
Most modern air fryers come with a preheat function that allows you to heat the appliance before cooking, just like a conventional oven. However, if you require to do it manually, then here is how it is done –
- First, set the temp using the + or – button on the air fryer display. The temperature should be what you desire to cook the food with or what the recipe requires.
- Then click the on button and let it run for 2 to 4 minutes, and your air fryer will be preheated.
Oster Air Fryer Stopped Working!
Oster air fryers are one of the most stable and durable appliances you can find on the market. However, as it is an electrical device, issues with the circuit might lead to the machine’s stopping working. Moreover, several reasons could be behind why your Oster air fryer stopped working –
- Dirty connections
- Faulty circuit
- Faulty cable
- Over time, the air fryer’s internal and external connections get dirty and prevent it from making a flawless performance. Take a small brush and clean all the areas with dirt, gunk, or debris.
- The circuit board in the Oster air fryer is very fragile, and the connections are made with a thin copper layer. Check for any burnt or broken layer, which is probably the cause for the appliance to stop working, and put another layer to resolve the issue.
- Most of the cables behind an Oster air fryer stop working because it is damaged or broken, the cord prevents power from getting to the machine. In that case, you will have to change the power cable or take it in for replacement using the Oster air fryer warranty.
Oster Air Fryer Fan Not Working!
The fan in your Oster air fryer is one of the essential elements as it circulates the hot air inside the air fryer to cook the food in the basket. However, it is also a fragile part that can go bad or show issues after using the device for a long time. Here are why your Oster air fryer’s fan is not working and how you can solve it –
- Broken links
The circuit board of an air fryer is also very delicate and consists of thin copper layers that operate as links to other parts. If one line gets burnt, it will stop that part from working. Check for any broken or burnt lines of copper and if there are any, then put another layer to resolve the issue.
2. Broken fan
If you hear a sound when you run your Oster air fryer, it probably comes from the fan. In that case, change or replace the part.
3. Faulty connections
After using an appliance for a long time, dirt, debris, or gunk can build up in the connection preventing other parts from operating. It is also correct for the fan in your Oster air fryer. Dirt and gunk can build up in the rotating part of the fan and can prevent it from spinning. In that case, you can take out the fan and clean all areas.
Oster Air Fryer Not Turning On!
It can happen with any branded air fryer, not only the Oster fryers. Don’t worry if your air fryer is not turning on because the problem is solvable. Let’s see why the air fryer doesn’t turn on.
- If your Oster air fryer is not turning on, that may come from the disconnection to the power. Maybe your air fryer is not connected to the power source.
- There may be an issue in the power socket where you have connected the wire.
- You can also find a broken wire which can cause the air fryer not to turn on; you have to look carefully to find the spot.
- If you forget to put the food basket inside the fryer correctly, the air fryer will not turn on without the basket.
- Attach the power wire tightly to the socket, so it doesn’t remain loose, and the air fryer can turn on well.
- If the power socket is problematic, you should connect the fryer somewhere else; thus, it will turn on.
- When you find a broken wire that supplies energy to the air fryer, you have to either repair it or replace the wire. Thus, the air fryer will get its old performance back.
- Taking the food basket out when you dish wash the fryer is necessary, but you must put it back in its place. Otherwise, the air fryer will never turn on.
How To Turn On Oster Air Fryer?
Turning on your Oster air fryer is straightforward as it takes a couple of seconds. Moreover, there is no complex combination involved in turning on the device. Furthermore, you can also check the Oster air fryer user manual. However, is the process step-by-step –
- Firstly, you will have to close the lid of the fryer and plug it into the power source.
- Then wait until you hear a beep sound and see a blue light on the display.
- Then use the + button on your appliance to set the time and press START.
Oster Air Fryer Not Turning Off!
The Oster electric air fryer requires one push button to turn it off. However, if you are using the lid version, then due to the sensors, the appliance is not turning off.
That happens when the hinge gets broken or damaged, and the device sensor cannot detect the lid, which is why the appliance is not turning off. The only option is to repair or replace it to resolve the issue.
How To Turn Off Oster Air Tryer?
Modern air fryers are fully electric and automatic, allowing users to push a button to shut off the device. The Oster air fryer is also no different, and the appliance comes with a dedicated button for that specific work.
Locate the button labeled on/off on your air fryer, which you can find at the top, and the button is pretty big, so you cannot miss it. Press it, and the appliance with turn off.
Oster Air Fryer Timer Not Working!
Every time you put any food in the basket of your Oster air fryer, you will need to set the timer for the appliance to start cooking.
What if the timer stops working? In that situation, you have the only option, and that is to reset the device. It happens due to corrupted software which you can fix quickly, and here is how –
- Firstly, unplug the machine
- Now wait for at least 3 to 5 minutes
- After that, plug the device into the power socket and try to use the timer, and it will start working.
Oster Air Fryer Makes Loud Noise!
Do you hear a loud rattling when you start cooking with your Oster air fryer? Then there can be several reasons behind it; however, resolving the issues are not much of a hassle; here are the causes and solution below –
- Loose or broken parts
- The basket is touching the fan
- Loose or broken parts can come in contact with the fan while running and can be the main reason behind the loud noise. Open the air fryer and check for any loose parts inside the appliance. Moreover, check which element the broken part came from and take the machine in for repairs.
- The basket or the metal rack can touch the fan while spinning if the basket is out of place. So, make sure to properly lock its position to reduce the chances for it to happen again.
Oster Air Fryer Makes Clicking Noise!
Inside your Oster air fryer, a fan circulates the hot air to cook the food inside. That fan rotates and circulates hot air at high speed, eventually making slight noises. So, when you hear a clicking or ticking sound from your air fryer, it is probably the fan rotating and circulating air at high speed.
However, if the sound is loud, there may be a loose part making contact with the fan. In that case, open up the device and check for any loose or broken details.
Hi! I’m Manzur Hossain. I’m a modern electric kitchen appliance expert. Professionally, I’m a kitchen appliance researcher, reviewer, and repairer.
I want to make people’s lives in the kitchen easier, and that is why I have established appliancefact.com.