Table of Contents
Does an Air Fryer Have A Heating Element?
Yes! An air fryer has a heating element.
Every electric air fryer nowadays comes with a heating element. However, it is not the same as you see in any typical appliance. Most appliances’ heating element is located at the bottom to provide direct heat. But air fryers use rapid air technology, in which the hot air from the part cooks the food in the basket.
Typically, the heating element of an air fryer is located at the top so that heat radiates downwards towards the food, and the fan circulates that air to the entire basket area.
What Is The Heating Element In An Air Fryer?
The heating element is a part of an air fryer that radiates hot air circulated by the fan. It consists of some coils which heat up, and the whole part is called a heating element. It is generally above the double-walled food chamber.
The coil heats up and emits hot air from the top, which radiates from the heating element. A large fan then circulates the hot air inside the air fryer so that you get evenly cooked and crispy food.
Can You Remove The Heating Element From Air Fryer?
It is not mandatory to clean the heating element every time you clean your air fryer. However, it can collect dirt, grease, and debris over time. In that case, you will have to clean the Air fryer parts as thoroughly as possible.
You can remove the heating element in your air fryer. Simply turn it upside down and stick your hand inside on top of the upper wall. From there, you can easily take it out to replace or repair it.
How To Check Heating Element In Air Fryer?
If you are looking for how to check the heating element in the air fryer, then you are in the right place. In most air fryers, the heating coils are on the top of the double-walled food chamber.
You can take out the basket and turn the appliance upside down to access that area. That will allow you to see the coils of the heating element.
Air Fryer Heating Element Not Working!
Sometimes, your air fryer heating element may not work as usual. It is a common issue for all brands of air fryers. If your air fryer heating element is not working, don’t get worried. It can be fixed.
There can be several reasons your air fryer heating element is not working. The heating element is responsible for providing hot air so that you can cook your food.
Here are some reasons and how to resolve when your air fryer is not heating up or why is your air fryer heating element not working –
- Open tray
- Damaged power cord
- The temperature switch is broken
- Broken part
- Loss connection
- Faulty heating element
- The switch Is Not Plugged in Properly.
- Faulty Cable
- Unplug and Replug
- Malfunctioning Socket
- Modern machines have many safety features that prevent the electrical device from operating if anything is out of place. If the tray is not properly placed, the machine will not detect and stop the heating element from raising the temperature inside. Check if the tray is adequately clicked in place.
- The power cord will prevent the power supply from the power socket to the air fryer if it is damaged. Check for torn-out or damaged zone and replace or repair them if necessary.
- If the temperature switch is broken, it will not allow you to operate the temperature of the device; thus, the heating element will not work. In that case, you can replace the switch, and you are good to go.
- If the part itself is broken, then it will not work. In that case, check for any damaged area on the heating element; if there is any, replace it as soon as possible.
- There are many connections inside your air fryer, one of which is connected to the heating element. The motherboard sends signals via those wires when you press a button to initiate the heating process. If the connections are loose, then there will be no heating. In that case, we recommend consulting a professional, as they can repair the loose links inside.
- If your air fryer heat element becomes damaged, then the air fryer heating element will not work. So try to replace the damaged heating element of your air fryer as soon as possible. You will find the replacement heating element for air fryer in the online marketplaces.
- Suppose your air fryer power cord is not plugged in properly with the power source. In that case, the air fryer heating element will not find sufficient electrical current causing the air fryer heating element will not to work. So check the switch is plugged in properly.
- If your air fryer cables become faulty, then your air fryer heating element will not work. So check the air fryer cables and make sure they are okay.
- The heating element can malfunction if you run your air fryer for a long time. If your air fryer heating element is still not working, then unplug and replug your air fryer. Sometimes unplugging and replugging methods work well to fix the air fryer heating element.
- If you plug your air fryer into a malfunctioning electrical socket, then the air fryer heating element will not work. So check the electrical socket where you have plugged in your air fryer and make sure the power outlet is okay.
Can You Replace The Heating Element In An Air Fryer?
Yes! You can replace the heating element in an air fryer.
The heating element in your air fryer is responsible for providing the necessary hot air that you need to cook the food. However, the part can go wrong due to excessive use and, over time, may need replacement.
The Air fryer heating element replacement is reasonably straightforward; moreover, it is much cheaper to replace the part rather than repair or get a new air fryer for your kitchen.
How Do I Replace The Heating Element In My Air Fryer?
Now, how do I replace the heating element in my air fryer? It is an effortless task that you can do yourself. However, the only thing you will first have to keep in mind is the type of heat element used in your machine. We recommend checking the air fryer instruction manual, as it will have every part’s details.
- Step one is to unplug the device and let it cool off.
- Then, you will turn the appliance upside down, and you can now see the heating element.
- After that, reach for it, remove the wrong part, and put the new one in the slot.
How To Fix The Air Fryer Heating Element?
Fixing your Air fryer accessories are more expensive than replacing the parts as it will be much cheaper. However, fixing your appliance’s heating element is no task for an average joe as it requires a professional understanding of the mechanism.
How Do I Clean My Air Fryer Heating Element?
To clean your air fryer heating element, we recommend going through the air fryer instructions. Moreover, you can also turn the device upside down and wipe the heating element using a cloth. It will be easily visible once the appliance is turned on the top of the double-walled food chamber.
The heating element is essential to an air fryer as it provides hot air that cooks the food inside. One of those parts carries the entire appliance as the entire device is useless without a properly working heating element.
So, what if my Air fryer heating element not working? That is why we came up with an entire article to explain what you should do to resolve any issues regarding the heating element of your air fryer.
Hi! I’m Manzur Hossain. I’m a modern electric kitchen appliance expert. Professionally, I’m a kitchen appliance researcher, reviewer, and repairer.
I want to make people’s lives in the kitchen easier, and that is why I have established appliancefact.com.