You are probably a new handheld milk frother user, and you don’t know how to use handheld milk frother and how to use clean handheld milk frother. If so, this informative article is for you.
Read this article to learn how to easily and properly clean handheld milk. Here, you will also find some frequently asked questions answer about handheld milk frother.
Table of Contents
How To Use Handheld Milk Frother?
Unlike any other electric milk frothing device, a handheld milk frother is much easier to use. It is straightforward and requires no previous knowledge or lengthy instructions for operating. The device has a simple structure that makes it easier and simple for its users. Just follow the simple steps given below:
- Pour as much milk as needed for coffee into a cup.
- Hold the handheld milk friend and place the whisk part inside the milk cup.
- Now activate the device by pushing the switch you’ll see near your thumb (Not all handheld milk frothers have buttons in the same section).
- The whisk will start to spin and vibrate at the same time. Let the whisk spin and froth the milk.
- While frothing the milk, go up and down constantly. It’s not a usual science, but you can use this trick to get the most foam.
- Continue frothing the milk for 40 seconds to 1 minute (Usually, most handheld frothers need 30-40 seconds to frother a cup of milk.).
- Cease frothing if the milk is perfectly frothed.
- Congratulations! Now you can use the foam and make a flavorful cup of coffee.
How To Use A Handheld Milk Frother For Coffee?
Making a tasty cup of coffee / Cappuccino is easy with a handheld frother. All you need to do is follow the following steps shared below.
- First, take a cup filled with the minimum requirement of milk.
- Ensure the frother is clean before frothing milk.
- Take the handheld milk frother and dip the whisk part in the milk.
- Now start the device – How to start? Just push the button you’ll see near your thumb.
- Let the whisk spin and vibrate the milk for a few seconds to minutes.
- While frothing the milk, constantly move the device in a circular motion. It’s a trick to generate the most foam out of milk.
- After the frothing process is complete, place the frothed milk in your coffee just like a professional barista.
Advice: To get the most of the foam, keep the frother moving up and down in the milk at a constant slow pace.
Is Handheld Milk Frother Dishwasher Safe?
No! Just like most electric kitchen instruments, handheld milk frothers are not dishwasher safe.
You may need to clean a handheld milk frother right after use. And you may want to use a dishwasher due to the foul scent and molds that develop inside a milk frother. But for your knowledge, it won’t do any good for you since a handheld milk frother isn’t compatible with a dishwasher.
How To Clean Handheld Milk Frother?
Although you can’t use a dishwasher, the cleaning techniques for a handheld milk frother are not too challenging. It may take a little time, though. Just follow the helpful steps given below:
- Turn off the device and leave it to cool down before cleaning a handheld milk frother.
- After it’s cooled down, disassemble it.
- Now, take the wand and submerge the pinpoint into hot & soapy water.
- Use a soft brush to clean the coil if milk remains clung to it.
- Now, dip the whisk part in warm water integrated with citric acid or lemon juice and soak it for a few minutes.
- When all the limestone deposits/milk deposits have been discarded, rinse well with clean water and make sure that it dries well.
- Don’t let water leak into the electric components. It will impair the circuit and other electric parts.
- If the whisk remains smelly, soak it in lukewarm soapy water for a few minutes. It will release all foul odors from the whisk.
- Now, wipe the detached parts of your frothing device with a soft part of the fabric.
Advice: Don’t use a rough brush to clean the frother.
How To Clean A Handheld Milk Frother With Vinegar?
Vinegar is the best element to clean a troublesome, smelly, and dirty milk frother. Just follow the steps we’ve noted below:
- Take a mug filled with hot water and add 1/2 or 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Mix the vinegar with the water well.
- Soak the disassembled parts of the device in the mixture for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, clean the parts with normal water. Follow the same process mentioned in the cleaning section of the article.
- Make sure you clean and dry your milk frothing device properly. Or else, cleaning the frother with vinegar will leave a foul smell.
While using and cleaning a kitchen appliance, your priority must be to use it appropriately. However, it’s completely different when you are cleaning it. You have to prioritize its sanitary state and prolong its lifespan. It’s the same with a handheld milk frother.
This article on how to clean a Handheld milk frother above has presented all the crucial details for you so that you can clean your milk frother properly.
Hi! I’m Manzur Hossain. I’m a modern electric kitchen appliance expert. Professionally, I’m a kitchen appliance researcher, reviewer, and repairer.
I want to make people’s lives in the kitchen easier, and that is why I have established appliancefact.com.