You are probably a handheld milk frother user and facing some problems while using your frother. If so, this article is for you. Here we have discussed some handheld milk frother problems, and we gave their solutions so that you can activate your milk frother again.
Handheld Milk Frother Is Not Working!
Like electric milk frothers or other kitchen appliances, you can face various problems after using a handheld milk frother for a few months. It is not straightforward to discover what is wrong with your frothing device. Here are the most common reasons why a handheld milk frother not working:
Check The Latest Price On Amazon
- Improper wire connection
- Short circuit in the system
- Rust in the disk
- Wrong Battery connection
- If the device does not work even after repair, it may be due to a faulty cable connection. Detach the device and double-check to make sure all cables are connected to the original point.
- The device’s circuit may be improperly transmitting power. This may be due to the circuit coming into contact with water. If so, purchase a new device.
- If left unattended for a long time, the device may rust. The device may never be activated again due to rust. In this case, try to change its components or the device itself.
- Make sure you’ve plugged in the correct battery. Most handheld milk frother supports A / AA type batteries.
Handheld Milk Frother Stopped Working!
Is your Frother not working like usual? Why is that? Here are possible reasons with solutions:
Check The Latest Price On Amazon
- The device is not clean
- The frothing aid is Jammed
- The frothing disk is damaged
- Busted frothing whisk
- If you don’t clean your Frothing aid properly, it will become rusty. The rustiness can later immobilize the disk and whisk. In this case, wipe with a damp & soft cloth possible after each use to ensure the milk does not dry and clog the frother.
- Thoroughly clean the tube with a toothpick or paper clip and remove all dirt to ensure it does not get stuck while spinning. Be sure to remove the black plastic cover.
- If you find that the frothing disk is somehow damaged or is in a bad state, replace it with another one.
- Don’t fret if the whisk is damaged. You will find a spare online or at your closest appliance selling and repairing store.
If the problem continues and your Frothing device has a valid warranty, contact your closest service center for repair.
Handheld Milk Frother Not Frothing!
The simplicity of frothing is when you put the frother into the milk and push the button. If your milk is not frothing, there could be three possible reasons for this.
1. Type Of Milk:
If you’re frothing cold, 0% or 2% milk froth is better than whole milk or half and half.
2. Milk Temperature:
Warm milk is difficult to froth or hardly froth at all. However, hot milk will froth better with 2% whole milk or half and a half — remain around 140 degrees. That’s about 1 minute and 20 seconds in a 700-watt, Microwave and approximately 40 seconds in a 1000 and higher-watt microwave.
3. A Skinny Glass:
A skinny glass will yield less foam than a wide glass. Both will froth, but you will get more volume with a wide glass
4. Small Whisk Head:
Usually, it takes 30-40 seconds for a regular handheld frother to froth the milk. However, using a cheaper frother with a small whisk head (similar to an Ikea milk frother) could take longer than usual.
5. Excess Amount Of Milk:
Don’t try to froth an excessive amount of milk with a single handheld milk frother. You should only froth milk according to your need. Fill a medium cup with the desired level of milk and try to froth. You will have a cup of perfectly-frothed milk within a few seconds.
6. Old Milk:
Recheck the milk before frothing. Do a double check on the milk and ensure you froth only fresh and new milk.
How To Fix A Handheld Milk Frother?
- Weak / Dead / Expired Battery: After using the device for an extended period, it may show errors or problems while foaming the milk. One of the most common issues you’ll face is with the battery. The battery could become weak after months of using the device. After a certain period, the Frothing device may stop charging.
- Damaged Parts: Maybe the device is not working because one of the handheld milk frother’s parts is detached. Sometimes overuse or rough use causes internal damage to the handheld milk frothing device. The milk-frothing device is not for heavy use.
- Rust in the device: Leaving it wet after use can cause it to rust often. However, it is rare to see a rusty frothing machine.
- Idleness: Most older devices become unproductive and obsolete after months of inactivity.
- Wiring problem: The internal wiring system is disconnected.
- It is best to replace the battery to use the milk-frothing device for longer. The rechargeable handheld milk frother has a replaceable battery system. Most Aerolatte frothing device supports one or two A / AA batteries straight in the back of the bottom. Also, the metal inside may get flexible over time. If you re-screw it tightly, then it will be like new again.
- You need to ensure you don’t use it to froth dense liquid. It could vandalize the appliance or make it more fragile. Just disassemble the device and study which internal part of it is busted. Don’t worry about the spare parts! You will find all the necessary spare parts on online marketplaces or nearest retailer shops.
- Wipe it thoroughly with a clean and soft cloth after each use to prevent rustiness. You can use lemon juice or vinegar (it works fine against rust.) while cleaning it.
- If the Handheld frothing device you’re using is too old, try charging the battery for a few hours. If the device still shows no improvements, replace its battery. The power from the new battery should activate it shortly. In the end, if you see no headway, you should try to alter its parts or purchase a new handheld milk frother from the nearest store.
- Disband the device and check if any wires are disjunct from its link. Use a 60W Electric Soldering Iron to attach the wire to its point.
We hope that the above pieces of information were helpful for handheld milk frother users. In the above, we’ve included the most typical problems and solutions.
If you still face issues with your simple milk frothing device, feel free to leave your comment behind, and we will help to solve your problem.
Hi! I’m Manzur Hossain. I’m a modern electric kitchen appliance expert. Professionally, I’m a kitchen appliance researcher, reviewer, and repairer.
I want to make people’s lives in the kitchen easier, and that is why I have established appliancefact.com.
2 thoughts on “Handheld Milk Frother Is Not Working! Here’s What To Do”
My frother doesn’t work; I’ve only had it a year specifically for my coffee. Replaced batteries, cleaned inside battery points. I really love it and was disappointed it no longer works.
Thanks for your comment. What Brand’s handheld milk frother do you use?