Probably you are a Breville electric kettle user and facing some problems while using your kettle. If so, this unique information-based article is written for you.
Here we have discussed some of the Breville electric kettle’s problems and given their solution so that you can make your Favorite Breville electric kettle workable again.
Table of Contents
Why Is Your Breville Electric Kettle Not Working?
There are several causes for your Breville electric kettle not working. Below we have mentioned the possible reasons and solutions.
- Check if the power cord is attached incorrectly to the main switch.
- If you have correctly connected the line, that might be a broken wire in the unit’s cable or plug.
- If the kettle has insufficient water, a fail-safe feature will turn it off.
- Maybe dirty contacts have blocked your kettle. If you are using your kettle quite often, this can happen.
- You may have faulty parts in your kettle.
Start with the most straightforward kettle repair. Check its mains connection. It will tell you whether the kettle or power socket is faulty.
The second step is to look at the power cord of the kettle. So you can make sure the cable doesn’t have a problem that could not make it work. Look out for these signs of wear and tear:
- 1. Involvement of a bend
- 2. Live wire and a broken plastic shell are visible.
Follow these instructions to reset the dry-boil protection on your device.
- Take the base of the kettle and lift it.
- Fill it with ice water.
- Place the kettle back on the bottom, and switch it back on.
To fix the dirty, clogged contact, you only need some fine-grit sandpaper.
- Pull the plug on the kettle.
- Using the sandpaper with a very fine grain, rub the contact’s area.
- Make sure to apply it all over the connections located on the kettle’s base.
- Remove any dirt that may be on the contacts. Replace the plug in the tea kettle, then switch it on.
Breville Electric Kettle Not Turning On!
If your Breville electric kettle not turning on, please don’t worry. There are several causes for your Breville electric kettle not turning on. Below we have mentioned the possible reasons and solutions why your kettle is not turning on.
Why Is Your Breville Electric Kettle Not Turning On?
- Maybe the Breville electric kettle lid is not closed correctly.
- Your kettle may have shutdown failure.
- On the other hand, if there can be an issue with the sensor or the thermostat.
- You have added too much water to the pot. It is because the kettle has to be filled to a certain level to function correctly.
- if there is no power supply connected to the kettle or if the cable is damaged,
- Unplugged Electric kettles won’t function. You must check the cable’s connection to the power switch. If you find damage to the power cable, replace it.
- The kettle will only start operating if a little lock and sensor are correctly connected. Fix the lid and test the kettle to see whether it begins working.
- Cleaning the kettle from the inside out is ideal. Sensor problems are often caused by foreign matter building on its surface. Empty the kettle and carefully clean it from the inside out before re-filling.
- You may have overfilled the kettle if none of the above suggestions solves the problem. Open the kettle’s cover and lower the water level accordingly. After you’ve reduced the water level in the kettle, test whether it works by turning it on again.
- The majority of tea kettles have an inbuilt sensor that detects when the water has reached the desired temperature and then switches the tea kettle off automatically.
Breville Electric Kettle Switch Not Working!
Breville electric kettle’s switch can stop working sometimes, and it is a normal problem for this brand kettle.
There are several reasons for this problem. Below we have mentioned the possible reasons and solutions for why the Breville kettle switch is not working.
Why Is Your Breville Electric Kettle Switch Not Working?
- Your kettle may have a faulty switch.
- Debris or dirt may build blockage on the switch
- You may have overfilled the electric kettle with water.
- You may not close the lids properly.
- There can be a damaged wire inside the kettle
- If calcium builds up on the switch of an electric kettle, it might stop working.
Checking the kettle in a different outlet would be a good idea. A blown a fuse is the most likely culprit in most situations.
One of the key reasons why it’s so critical for you to deal with any external concerns initially. Remove the switch from the kettle and immerse it in vinegar for several minutes to clean it. It will help prevent rust.
Use a toothbrush and a tiny brush to remove calcium deposits. If the problem persists, you’ll have to get a new switch.
Breville Electric Kettle Switch Won’t Stay Down!
Some specific things are responsible for this problem. If your Breville electric kettle switch won’t stay down, don’t worry.
Read the below-mentioned reasons and solutions to solve this problem.
Why Your Breville Electric Kettle Switch Won’t Stay Down?
A defective switch may be to blame for your kettle’s inability to boil water. As a general rule, a poorly built kettle switch may cause the kettle switch to pop back up after a few minutes.
Dirt or debris may be interfering with the switch, causing it to pop up. To ensure that the button is on until the water boils, you should remove any dirt from the area.
Sometimes the thermostat’s switch mechanism is loose.
The answer is pretty simple, but it does work. Put a coin on the bottom of the switch and see if that helps. You may need to try a few different currencies to find the right one, but the extra weight can avail the button to stay down.
It’s easy to get rid of limescale and keep your kettle bottom looking shiny and brand new. Like lemon juice or vinegar, Acids can be used to get rid of limescale.
Here’s a step-by-step guideline on how to remove limescale:
- Wipe the bottom and sides of the kettle with the soft sponge that has been soaked in cold water and dish soap.
- It will help get rid of oil and dirt.
- Mix equal parts of white vinegar and cold water.
- Pour this mixture into your kettle until it’s half full.
- Bring the mix to a boil, then turn it off.
- Leave the mixture of vinegar and water in the kettle for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Once you can see that the grime has been broken down, pour out the liquid and rinse the kettle with cold water.
- Use a clean damp cloth to wipe off the rest of the limescale.
- Put enough water in your kettle so that it’s half full.
- Boil the water until it no longer smells like vinegar.
Breville Electric Kettle Switches Off Before Boiling Water!
If your Breville electric kettle switches off before boiling water, there are some reasons behind this. Below we mentioned the reasons and solutions for you.
Why Is Your Breville Electric Kettle Switches Off Before Boiling Water?
- A broken thermostat is mostly to blame when a kettle shuts off before the water is hot enough.
- You’re using a kettle with a timer, and the heating element can’t heat the water fast enough.
- So the time runs out before the water boils, and the kettle shuts off by itself.
- When the heat sensor on the kettle breaks.
- You might be putting too much water in it, which could mean some water isn’t getting hot enough.
You will need to replace the thermostat control and stop your kettle switch from going off before the allotted time has passed.
It is possible to swap out the complete thermostat. You may find the heating element by looking near the handle in most cases.
Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the thermostat’s handle and replace the thermostat by removing the old one and installing the new one.
Ensure that the wires are connected to the correct terminals before using the device.
Sometimes all you need is melted pins. Sometimes just the bimetal disks require replacing.
Breville Electric Kettle Not Switching On!
Like the above-mentioned Breville electric kettle’s problems, there are also several reasons for this problem.
If your Breville electric is kettle not switching no, then you can fix it by reasons the possible reasons and solution below.
Why Is Your Breville Electric Kettle Not Switching On?
- Check if the power cord is attached correctly to the main switch.
- There can be an internal issue with kettle coal.
- You may have used inadequate water.
- You may not have closed the lid properly
- Your Breville electric kettle may have broken them.
- Dirt can block the limescale.
- Limescale accumulates over time, making it more difficult to move. To properly clean the electric kettle, you need to follow the recommendations provided by the manufacturer.
- If this doesn’t fix the issue, the switch may be broken. In this scenario, you will need to exchange your switch with a whole new one. Depending on the make and type of your kettle, this might be a relatively simple task.f you are not experienced with electrical work, it is recommended that you obtain assistance from a licensed local electrician in your area; alternatively, you may read the user instructions that come with the electric kettle.
- Your electric kettle’s plug or another component might be the source of the problem; alternatively, the problem could be with the electric kettle itself. An electrician must replace either the cable or the plug for you to continue using the appliance.
Breville Electric Kettle Not Heating Water!
If your Breville electric kettle is not heating water, there are four reasons for that. Read the below-mentioned reasons and solutions to fix your kettle.
Why Is Your Breville Electric Kettle Not Heating Water?
- You may have inserted the power cord incorrectly.
- You may have dried boil the kettle.
- Your kettle may have descaled issues.
- Your Breville electric kettle may have a heating element failure.
- First, make sure that your card is inserted correctly. If this is not the issue, follow the next steps.
- Kettles have dry-boil protection. This function turns off your kettle if it has inadequate or no water. This function prevents harm to the kettle’s heating components if it’s turned on empty.
- Limescale may be preventing your kettle from heating or starting. Descaling your kettle saves it. Especially if you have hard water in your area, this can affect it.
- One of the most common reasons for a kettle element to stop working is impact damage. This can break the resistor or damage the connections on either end of the resistor, which stops the current from flowing through the element properly.
In this case, you have to change the thermal fuse or circuit fuse.
Breville Electric Kettle Not Boiling Water!
There are several causes for this problem, and the causes are mentioned below.
Why Is Your Breville Electric Kettle Not Boiling Water?
- If your Breville electric kettle is not boiling water, check if the cords are faulty.
- There can be dirt buildup in your Breville kettle.
- You may have a faulty thermostat in the kettle.
To check the cord, follow these steps:
You may use the same plug outlet for the kettle to connect other electrical appliances, such as a hair dryer.
Start the blow dryer for your hair. If it is functional, remove the plug. You may relax knowing that the electricity from the mains is functioning as it should.
Put some water into the Breville electric kettle.
Connect the tea kettle to the wall outlet. Make sure that the power wire is correctly placed into the outlet.
Start the water in the kettle. If the kettle water does not start to boil, there is likely an issue with the kettle. Continue reading this article and go on to the next level. To reset your dry boil protection, follow these steps:
- Take the kettle off its base.
- Put cold water in it.
- Place the kettle back on its stand and turn it on.
Breville Electric Kettle Stopped Working!
Read the below-mentioned reasons and solutions to make your kettle work again.
Why Is Your Breville Electric Kettle Stopped Working?
- There can be a problem with your electric kettle’s power cord.
- Your Breville kettle may have a faulty switch or a damaged switch.
- There can be an incorrectly fitted filter.
- The limescale buildup can stop your kettle from working. Damage to contacts.
- Breakage of the switch.
- Your Breville electric kettle has damage to the heater.
- The output of the thermostat is out of function.
- There can be a failure of the heat fuse.
First, check if there is an issue with the power cords. If not, then follow the next steps. Have you used the solutions described in this article, but you still cannot get your kettle to switch on?
If this is the case, the issue may be caused by unclean or blocked contacts. Fixing this problem should restore regular operation to your kettle in a concise amount of time.
Sandpaper with excellent grit will be the sole instrument necessary for you to complete this task. See me at the first step once you have some in your possession.
So, to descale your kettle, what steps should you take? After you have filled it with a solution of vinegar and water, you should allow it to boil. But if you can’t get your kettle to turn on, you won’t be able to descale it, will you?
The actions that you need to do are as follows:
To prepare the solution, fill the pot with equal parts water and white vinegar overnight, let the solution sit, and absorb the water.
The first thing you should do in the morning is to drain the solution and then give the kettle a couple of good rinses to eliminate the vinegar smell.
You may need to repeat these procedures if your kettle is built to an enormous size. Carry doing steps 1 through 3 until you get rid of all the limescale.
That is all for today. We hope now you fix your Breville kettle. We suggest reading our tips to fix your kettle. Hope you all have a nice day.
Hi! I’m Manzur Hossain. I’m a modern electric kitchen appliance expert. Professionally, I’m a kitchen appliance researcher, reviewer, and repairer.
I want to make people’s lives in the kitchen easier, and that is why I have established appliancefact.com.